•  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News: Sezaro has been accepted as trainee!.

Author Topic: Anyone wants to come play CitizenMP:IV? (GTA4)  (Read 3404 times)

Offline NewK

• Administrator
  • Godfather
    • View Profile
Anyone wants to come play CitizenMP:IV? (GTA4)
« on: March 21, 2015, 06:58:43 am »
Hey, so a few months ago a new multiplayer mod was released for GTA4 called CitizenMP. It's still pretty new and nothing like the other GTA4 MP mods, it's not like IV:MP or Multi:IV, the sync with CitizenMP:IV is alot better. Unlike all other GTA:MP mods, this mod does not implement its own network framework, it expands upon current one already in the game, developed by Rockstar, so in the end the sync ends up being much better overall.

There's also synced pedestrians on the streets and synced traffic aswell, I believe this is the only GTA:MP mod to ever to do this successfuly. There's also a GTA V map mod released for it that contains all of the map of GTA V, with a few bugs here and there, but overall it's very playable. Here's a video of it:

Today I've been playing it with [MK]Dead_man and it'd be cool if more people joined us, there's only a few servers for now but it would be really fun to hang out there with all the vcmp peeps, it's pretty fun on the new GTAV map. Here's a few screenshots I took today when playing with dead_man: http://imgur.com/a/HpCHY

- If you want to join us you need to have GTAIV with the latest patch installed + episodes from liberty city
 - After having it installed you can download CitizenMP:IV from here
 - Make a rockstar social club account here
- And that's all

If you want to play on the GTAV map online, you'll have to download some additional files from here. Then you just need to extract the files inside the cache folder on that zip file and put them inside cache folder which is on the CitizenMP:IV installation.

A few notes:

- The name of the GTAV map mod is called ViIV, so if you see any server with this gamemode and you try to join it without having the map installed, you'll be waiting a long time in the loading screen because the game will be downloading the map files from the server. Instead, you can just download the map files before from the link I posted above (this) and put it in the "cache" folder which is inside the mod folder. So that when you try to join a server with this gamemode you wont have to download the  whole map, just the server resources.

- Keep in mind that when joining a server for the first time, the loading might be a bit slow since you're downloading the server resources but afterwards it'll be faster. (Btw, don't alt+tab/minimize while playing, most of the times it won't let you get back inside the game)

- If you still can't join any server and get stuck on the loading for a long time that probably means that you still don't have all the cache files. You can download a bigger cache folder from here, just extract the files inside the cache folder of that .zip file and put them all inside the "cache" folder wich is in the CitizenMP:IV folder. I used this cache folder instead of the 1GB one I posted above, this one's more complete so you'll almost all the files needed. I'd recommend that you download both, the more cache files you have, the better.

- Here's an online server list http://citizen.impy.me/
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 07:47:31 am by NewK »

Offline Knuckles

• [MKs]
  • Thug
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone wants to come play CitizenMP:IV? (GTA4)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 07:05:15 am »
I lost my graphic card so I'm going to buy new soon so I'll join you guys soon  ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 07:12:48 am by Knuckles »

Offline NewK

• Administrator
  • Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 07:11:50 am »
I lost my graphic card so I'm going to buy new soon so I'll join you guys soon  ;)
Cool! If you or anyone else need help installing this, just post here or contact me anywhere else, and I'll try to help  ;)

Offline Halchter

• Administrator
  • Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 08:27:38 am »
I also burnt out my graphic card like few months ago. I barely had 20 to 25 fps while playing IV but still it was playable. With my current graphic card which was actually only for testing purposes but not anymore, has almost the same parameters as the old one, I have less fps on most of the games and I can't run IV for some reason.

As soon as I upgrade myself you can count me in.

GTA IV is one of the few games from the series that I haven't tried any mp mods.
Noor_Maqsood: Halchter i have to talk with skirmant about you are mentally i,ll Now its own you you think its maybe thread -_-

F2.harding*LT: halchter used to bully pakis in DDRP and when those pakis bully them back he used to ban them for racism

Offline Shawn

• Hitman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 02:51:12 pm »
That looks Kinda Old school, but its cool c:
Code: [Select]
<&Yuri`>  your facking sniper style ><
Tragic Sniping Gaming

Offline RoadWarrior

• [MK]
  • Godfather
  • I Don't like to follow, I like being followed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 05:51:16 am »
I have the pirated version of GTA IV :D Can i play it?  I wanna join <3

Offline RoadWarrior

• [MK]
  • Godfather
  • I Don't like to follow, I like being followed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 05:53:18 am »
And those sexy graphics <3 you got there are really awesome. :)

Offline NewK

• Administrator
  • Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 07:15:46 am »
I have the pirated version of GTA IV :D Can i play it?  I wanna join <3
As far as I know CitizenMP:IV will work with any version of the game. At the moment, I'm not 100% sure if you need to have Episodes from Liberty city installed or not. Try it with GTAIV (version 1.0.7.0) only, it might work. If it doesn't work, you'll need to have Episodes from Liberty City installed too with the latest patch, version 1.1.2.0.

And those sexy graphics <3 you got there are really awesome. :)
Yea, I'm using ENB series and it's looking pretty good. But basically, anyone who can run GTAIV, can play this mod too without any problems.